HOW DOES A BUILD-A-SPA COMPARE TO A NORMAL SPA THAT I SEEN IN MY LOCAL SHOWROOM?
Build A Spa is a new, unconventional, and unique way to purchase a spa as we only use components manufactured across Europa and the USA to build your spa in front of you in your garden, so that you can oversee the whole manufacturing process. Unlike most spas, which are mass produced in a factory overseas, we build your spa from scratch in your garden so you can rest assured that quality is always a top priority.
HOW DO YOU SELL YOUR SPAS SO CHEAP?
Over the past 5 years, there has been a significant drop in the price of spas. This has seen a significant rise in spa purchases and has seen many factories and retailers using substandard components in their spas in order to sustain such margins. The good news is that Build A Spa is different. Many people ask us how we can sell our spas so cheap and here is why!
- We’re factory to consumer. We manufacture everything from our spa shells to frames in house.
- We cut out a significant amount of warehousing costs by building our product in your garden.
- We build, commission & test the spa in situ to ensure that there are no issues. Sometimes spas can develop major faults in transit due to excessive oscillation whilst on their side.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BUILD-A-SPA?
There are lots of advantages that come hand in hand with our business model including the following advantages:
- Virtually no access limitations
- Generally, 40% cheaper than like for like spas
- Quality checked thoroughly on site
- No compromise on quality components
- You get to have a significant input on the design of your spa.
- Any quality issues are resolved on site.
- Gain a personal relationship with the people who have built your spa.
- Generally quick delivery
- The team will be in and out within usually 6-8 hours
WHAT DO I NEED TO PREPARE?
When it comes to preparing for the arrival of your spa, there are a number of things we need to ensure prior to delivery including preparing access, electrics and settlement.
What do I need to prepare in terms of access?
Before we arrive, we need you to do the following:
- We require 1 clear metre width and 2 metres height for the Zeus and 1 clear metres width and 2.3 metres height for the Nemesis.
- One of the ways we keep our costs down is to only send one person with the delivery. We always advise to have one other fit and able-bodied person to assist with positioning.
- We will ask for a walk-through video from where our delivery driver would pull up to where the spa is going to be sited and the external route you would expect us to take.
How do I prepare the electrics?
On ordering your spa you would have been asked if you wanted your spa to be configured as 13 or 32 Amps (Nemesis Model is 32 Amps Only). And you must do the following to prepare the electrics:
- 13 Amps will only allow the heater and stage one of the pump to run or the lights and stage two of the pump.
- 32 Amps will allow full use of all your spas functions at the same time also making your spa more efficient to run.
- Build A Spa do not supply any cable on any of our spas.
- We recommend you have your electrics installed and tested by an Approved Electrician; you can find a local contractor at Homepage NICEIC.
Preparing for the settlement of your spa
Once your spa has been safely delivered it will enter what internally is called ‘The Settlement Period’. It is imperative that all four sides are accessible during these two weeks. For more in-depth information please consult the two documents below:
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO MAKE?
We always aim to get your spa built and up and running as quickly as possible however, you must bare in mind each garden is different and it usually takes around 6-8 hours to build the spa from scratch.
We ensure that as much of the build is sub assembled in house before shipping. For example, the spa shell is pre-made, the wooden frame is assembled and the side panels are pre-cut. All of this work reduces the time spent on site yet enables us to remain trading at the attractive price point.